Car Number 2138 was built for the Souther Pacific Railroad in 1924 as a 96 seat coach to be used in commuter train service in the San Francisco Bay Area. In 1984 2138 was bought by Fred Kempner and moved to Yreka, Calfornia for storage. In 2006 one of Kempner's steam locomotives was in danger of being scrapped in McCloud, CA. Kempner contacted OCSR and a deal was struck whereby OCSR would move the locomotive to Merrill, OR in exchange for 2138 and two other similar cars stored on the Yreka Western property. The car is currently stored in Yreka, Ca.