Car Number 2127 was built for the Southern Pacific Railroad in 1924 as a 96 seat coach to be used in commuter train service in the San Francisco Bay Area. In 1984 2127 was bought by Fred Kepner and moved to Yreka, Calfornia for storage. In 2006 one of Kempner's steam locomotives was in danger of being scrapped in McCloud, CA. Kempner contacted OCSR and a deal was struck whereby OCSR would move the locomotive to Merrill, OR in exchange for 2127 and two other similar cars stored on the Yreka Western property. In the spring of 2008 the car was moved from Montague, CA to Tillamook, OR to begin restoration. The car is current operational on our costal excursion train and has be given the name "Wilson River" in honor one of the rivers that flows into Tillamook Bay.
In 2007 the National Railway Historical Society (NRHS) graciously awarded OCSR a $3,500 Railway Heritage Grant contributing to the restoration of SP 2127. OCSR thanks NRHS for their contribution to the preservation of this historic passenger car and looks forward to working with other grant funders to complete the restoration.